Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 8 - Thing 19 Library Thing

On the way to this thing, I added 3 more RSS feeds and got completely sidetracked by our digital world. 

Library Thing --- Wow! Where was this when I became a librarian.  I wish I had been tracking all the books I read so I would have it as a resource when kids come to me for suggestions.  With the recent Destiny upgrade, Follett now provides a Facebook/Library Thing/Wiki type of hybrid where students and I can track books read, discuss, and recommend.  If I didn't have that new tool, I would be all over this one! 

For this thin's assignment, I added the first 5 books that popped into my head.  This proved to be quite an interesting mix - two from my childhood, one from jr. high, a favorite of my daughters', and a recent read.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment