Thursday, December 10, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 20 YouTube

I wish I had hours to browse YouTube!  There are some truly creative individuals posting things besides baby's first steps. 

Because it's blocked at work, I rarely remember to search for content to support my teaching. Today I stayed on the lighter side, watching the recommended videos from the ESC1 post and then a few book truck drill team performances before retiring to the writing part of this experience. 

The Manifesto video really made me think about the direction the library is moving, or perhaps I should say the direction society is moving.  Most of the comments for that video were rather derogatory which surprised me. The overall mood indicated libraries should not try to keep up with current technology (one cited VHS tapes as an example) but continue to emphasize reading.  That makes me wonder if we can really separate the two. 

No comments:

Post a Comment