Monday, December 14, 2009

Week 9 - Thing 23 Copyright & Creative Commons

I find the topic of copyright to be a Pandora's box. The more I learn, the more I know I don't know. I read Lawrence Lessig's book this summer, Remix, and was overwhelmed by all I learned. I ought to read it again. There is so much in there our students need to learn.

When I visited Lessig's blog today, I was surprised to read that his final post was on Aug. 20, 2009. He did state his podcast would remain active, and, now knowing what podcasts are and how to load them, I will look into that access to Mr. Lessig's vast knowledge.

I come to the end of my 23 Things experience with mixed emotions - glad to be done, surprised at all I learned, and encouraged to get out and explore the web more on my own. I hope ESC1 brings in 11 1/2 Things, as I know there is so much more to learn. I walk away from this set of things with RSS feeds that update me daily, an active blog, a photo hosting site keeping watch over my photos, and access to free e and audio books. Whew!

1 comment: