Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Week 6 - Thing 13 Bookmarking

Ah, one never stops learning.  I created a Del.icio.us account about four months ago and then proceeded to do nothing with it.  About 2 weeks ago, I was asked to present to teachers on the subjects of academic honesty, plagiarism, and copyright.  As I searched the web, I hit information overload, but I also had an aha! moment.  In addition to a works cited page on my slide show, I bookmarked all of my resources in del.icio.us and shared my account name in my presentation.  So rather than having to key in the long url's from my slide, teachers could access my bookmarks - complete with notes - to access the sites themselves.

As for this lesson, I did watch the tutorial to learn new tips.  The format of del.icio.us has changed dramatically since the video was made.

And I added a badge - see lower right.

No comments:

Post a Comment